We encourage all authors of the papers reviewed at CER to rate our journal in the JournalGuide. JournalGuide is a free tool that helps researchers to evaluate scholarly journals. JournalGuide is a division of Research Square, which makes it a sister company to Rubriq (independent peer review) and AJE (manuscript preparation services).
We welcome new members of the Editorial Board
Three distinguished scholars have recently joined our Editorial Board:
- Prof. Michael Berlemann is Professor of Political Economy and Emprical Economics at Helmut Schmidt University, Hamburg and a CESifo researcher. Recently he has published articles in Journal of Applied Econometrics, Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, European Journal of Political Economy, and Public Choice.
- Prof. Stefan Napel is Chair of Microeconomics at University of Bayreuth with interests in bargaining, measurement of power, political economy of the European Union, inequality and social mobility, and industrial organization. Recently he published his work in the Economic Journal, Journal of the European Economic Association, Journal of Economic Theory, and Games and Economic Behavior.
- Prof. Christopher Weiss is Professor of Economics and Head of the Institute for Economic Policy and Industrial Economics at Vienna University of Economics and Business. His work has appeared, among others, in Regional Science and Urban Economics, Applied Economics, Journal of Agricultural Economics, and European Journal of Political Economy.
The Review of Economics becomes our new partner journal
The Review of Economics (ISSN 0948-5139) is a peer-reviewed general interest journal and publishes articles from all fields of economics. Only articles with a strong policy focus are considered for publication. The Review of Economics will consider papers that are based on (i) a well defined theoretical model (ii) an empirical analysis or (iii) an experimental or (iv) an evidence-based framework. The journal is included in the list of journals used to construct the German Handelsblatt-Ranking of individual researchers and economics faculties. The journal was formely known as Jahrbuch für Wirtschaftswissenschaften.
For local authors: We have received an official confirmation that a CER article is currently valued by 10 points by the Research, Development and Innovation Council of the Czech Republic.
Statistics of the last 6 years
- 72 articles accepted (50 international, 22 local)
- 78 articles rejected (64 international, 14 local)
- 48% is the acceptance rate.
- 69% is the share of the international articles among the accepted articles.
Notes: We consider a paper to be local if affiliation of any author is located in the Czech Republic. Otherwise, it is classified as an international article. In the statistics, we do not include the pilot year 2007 (Vol. 1).
Citations in impacted journals
At the moment, the Web of Knowledge identifies citations to the CER from the following journals:
INTERNATIONAL REVIEW OF FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
GAMES AND ECONOMIC BEHAVIOR
GROUP DECISION AND NEGOTIATION
JOURNAL OF CULTURAL ECONOMICS
JOURNAL OF MATHEMATICAL ECONOMICS
MATHEMATICAL SOCIAL SCIENCES
SCANDINAVIAN JOURNAL OF ECONOMICS
SOCIAL CHOICE AND WELFARE
THEORY AND DECISION
ASIAN ECONOMIC JOURNAL
BALTIC JOURNAL OF ECONOMICS
CZECH JOURNAL OF ECONOMICS AND FINANCE
ECONOMICS OF TRANSITION
EKONOMSKA ISTRAZIVANJA-ECONOMIC RESEARCH
EURASIAN GEOGRAPHY AND ECONOMICS
PRAGUE ECONOMIC PAPERS
ROMANIAN JOURNAL OF ECONOMIC FORECASTING
CENTRAL EUROPEAN JOURNAL OF OPERATIONS RESEARCH
CONTROL AND CYBERNETICS
INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY & DECISION MAKING
INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS
INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF UNCERTAINTY FUZZINESS AND KNOWLEDGE-BASED SYSTEMS
MATHEMATICAL AND COMPUTER MODELLING
OMEGA-INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF MANAGEMENT SCIENCE
PHYSICA A-STATISTICAL MECHANICS AND ITS APPLICATIONS
RENEWABLE & SUSTAINABLE ENERGY REVIEWS
The most cited articles in Scopus
The number of citations in Scopus (since 2010 - Volume 4)
IDEAS/RePEc Simple Impact Factor
Out of Czech economics journals, our journal has the following position measured by the IDEAS/RePEc Simple Impact Factor:
514. Czech Economic Review 0.676
601. Prague Economic Papers 0.481
610. Czech Journal of Economics and Finance (Finance a uver) 0.472
824. Politická ekonomie 0.183
837. Bulletin of the Czech Econometric Society 0.173
1262 journals are listed in January 2014 ranking (only journals with 50 or more papers and at least one citation are considered). The full ranking is available here.
RePEc (Research Papers in Economics) is a volunteer-driven initiative to create a public-access database that promotes scholarly communication in economics and related disciplines. The database contains information on about 1.4 million research pieces. RePEc is providing ranking of leading economic journals by so called simple impact factor (a ratio of citations by the number of items in the journals, citation counts being adjusted to exclude citations from the journal considered).
The most cited articles according to Harzing's Publish or Perish, 2007-2013
Number of citations, Authors, Title, Volume (Issue)
14, MO Hosli, Council decision rules and European Union constitutional design, 2(1)
14, SZ Alparslan Gok, R Branzei…, Some characterizations of convex interval games, 2(3)
13, DY Kenett, Y Shapira, A Madi…, Dynamics of stock market correlations, 4(3)
13, J Babecký, Aggregate wage flexibility in new EU member states, 2(2)
13, F Turnovec, New Measure of Voting Power, 1(1)
11, J Fidrmuc…, The outbreak of the Russian banking crisis, 5(1)
11, F Turnovec, National, Political and Institutional Influence in European Union Decision Making, 2(2)
9, L Krištoufek, Rescaled Range Analysis and Detrended Fluctuation Analysis..., 4(3)
8, S Tijs, R Branzei, G Ferrari, V Fragnelli, A Flow Approach to Bankruptcy Problems, 2(2)
8, L Mallozzi, S Tijs, Partial Cooperation and Non-Signatories Multiple Decision, 2(1)
7, M Chessa, V Fragnelli, Embedding Classical Indices in the FP Family, 5(3)
7, E Denisova, A Garnaev, Fish Wars: Cooperative and Non-Cooperative Approaches, 2(1)
6, N Schofield, Is the Political Economy Stable or Chaotic?, 5(1))
6, J Baruník, L Vácha, M Vošvrda, Tail Behavior of the Central European Stock Markets..., 4(3)
6, M Viren, Does the Value-Added Tax Shift to Consumption Prices?, 3(2)
6, V Fragnelli, ME Marina, Strategic manipulations and collusions in Knaster procedure, 3(2)
Scopus SNIP 2012 Ranking
By SNIP 2012, CER ranks 545th in Scopus out of 720 journals in Economics, Econometrics, and Finance (Category No. 2000). This locates us exactly on the boundary of the third and fourth quartiles. See also the updated Scopus title list.